One of the greatest pleasures of the cooler weather is making slow-cooked meals - theyre comforting, timesaving and, because they use less expensive cuts, theyre penny pleasing.
The ingredient of Chicken with ratatouille
- 8 skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 2 Lebanese eggplants, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 80g (1/2 cup) pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cooked risoni, to serve
- Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken with ratatouille
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat one-third of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a slow cooker. Repeat with half the remaining oil and remaining chicken.
- Heat remaining oil in the frying pan. Add the onion, eggplant, combined capsicum and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is golden. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes or until the liquid reduces slightly. Add the tomato, stock, tomato paste and rosemary. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the olives and chopped basil. Serve with risoni. Top with basil leaves.
Nutritions of Chicken with ratatouillecalories: 545.876 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 47 grams protein
calories: 198 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 548.6 milligrams sodium