Were nuts about this star cheesecake! With its rich ganache, salted peanut caramel and white chocolate filling, all on a chocolate biscuit crust, every slice is a triple-choc treat. Start this recipe at least one day ahead of serving.
The ingredient of Triple-choc cheesecake with salted peanut caramel
- Melted butter, to grease
- 400g plain chocolate biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- 5g butter, extra
- 260g Dark Cooking Chocolate, finely chopped
- 150g White Cooking Chocolate, finely chopped
- 375g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 310ml (11/4 cups) thickened cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 315g (11/2 cups) caster sugar
- 185ml (3/4 cup) water
- 250ml (1 cup) double cream
- 120g (3/4 cup) salted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of cream of tartar
The instruction how to make Triple-choc cheesecake with salted peanut caramel
- Release the base from a 6cm-deep, 22cm (base measurement) springform pan and invert. Brush with butter. Line the base with non-stick baking paper, allowing the edge to overhang. Secure the base back into the pan.
- Process the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Transfer to the prepared pan. Use a straight-sided glass to spread and press the mixture firmly over the base and side. Place in the fridge to chill.
- To make the salted peanut caramel, stir the sugar and water in a large saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, brushing down the side of the pan occasionally with a wet pastry brush, for 18-20 minutes or until deep golden. Remove from heat. Stir in the cream. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Stir in peanuts. Spoon over the biscuit base. Smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 3 hours or until firm.
- Place the extra butter and 60g of the dark chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cook, stirring every 30 seconds, on High/ 800watts/100% for 11/2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Spread over the caramel to cover. Set aside for 10 minutes to set.
- Stir the white chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water) until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Process the cream cheese, sugar and 185ml (3/4 cup) of the cream in a food processor until smooth. Add the white chocolate and process until well combined.
- Place the hot water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle with the gelatine. Place bowl in a slightly larger heatproof bowl filled with boiling water. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the gelatine dissolves. Remove smaller bowl from larger bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. add to cream cheese mixture. Process until well combined. Pour cream cheese mixture over dark chocolate. Cover pan with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Stir remaining dark chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat until smooth. Pour over cheesecake. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Meanwhile, to make the Italian meringue, stir the sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves, brushing down the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals forming. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture reaches 115u00b0C (soft ball stage). While the syrup continues to cook, use an electric beater to whisk egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl until soft peaks form. When the syrup reaches 120u00b0C (hard ball stage) and with the beater on low speed, gradually add syrup to egg white mixture. Increase speed to high. Whisk for 15 minutes or until thick, glossy and cool.
- Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm round nozzle. Pipe peaks on top of cake. Use a blowtorch to caramelise the meringue.
Nutritions of Triple-choc cheesecake with salted peanut caramelcalories: 1027.939 calories
calories: 61 grams fat
calories: 36 grams saturated fat
calories: 108 grams carbohydrates
calories: 88 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 119 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 337.85 milligrams sodium