Snickers really satisfies, but this tart takes the peanut, chocolate and caramel combo to a whole new level.
The ingredient of Salted peanut & chocolate toffee tart
- 445g packet frozen Careme Sour Cream Shortcrust Pastry (see note), thawed
- 220g (1 cup firmly packed) light brown sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 100g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 300g (2 cups) salted roasted peanuts
- 80g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 80g milk chocolate, chopped Cocoa, to dust
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Salted peanut & chocolate toffee tart
- Grease a 24cm springform cake pan, place its base on one end of the pastry and cut a round to line the base. Cut 5cm wide strips from remaining pastry and use to line side of pan. Press the pastry to join edges and ends together. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Place sugar, syrup, vanilla and butter in a saucepan and stir over lowu2013medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove pan from heat. Set aside until mixture is cooled, then whisk in eggs.
- Combine peanuts and all chocolate, then scatter two-thirds over base of frozen tart shell. Pour filling over, then scatter with remaining peanut mixture. Place pan on an oven tray on bottom shelf of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is firm (cover with baking paper if pastry browns too quickly). Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled. Dust with cocoa and serve with cream.
Nutritions of Salted peanut & chocolate toffee tartcalories: