Assemble this show-stopping pavlova topped with strawberries, cream and a drizzle of amaretto.
The ingredient of Pavlova with fresh strawberries and almond cream
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 2/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 500g fresh small strawberries, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/3 cups pure cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted toasted shelled pistachios
- Icing sugar, for sifting
The instruction how to make Pavlova with fresh strawberries and almond cream
- To make the meringue, position the rack in the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 150C (130C fan-forced). Line 1 large baking tray with baking paper and draw a 20cm circle in the centre of the paper. Turn paper over.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites, sugar, vinegar, vanilla, and salt on medium-high speed (#6) for about 18 minutes, or until firm peaks form. Sift the corn flour into the meringue and gently fold it in.
- Using a large spoon, dollop the meringue on the centre of the circle on the prepared baking tray. Spread the batter, forming a thick, billowy, even layer and keeping it within the circle (the pavlova will expand slightly when it bakes).
- Reduce the oven temperature to 105C and immediately place the pavlova in the oven. Bake the pavlova for about 1 hour, or until it is crisp and very pale on the outside but still has a marshmallow-like centre. Turn off the oven, prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon, and keep the meringue in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until it has cooled slightly. Remove from the oven to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to prepare the toppings, in a medium bowl, toss the strawberries, amaretto, and honey to coat. Set aside, tossing occasionally, for at least 30 minutes, or until the juices from the strawberries form. Then, in a large bowl, whisk the cream and almond extract until thick. Place the meringue on a platter. Spoon the cream on top of the meringue. Using a slotted spoon, arrange the strawberries over the cream; reserve the strawberry juices in the bowl. Sprinkle the pistachios over the strawberries, and then sift the icing sugar over.
- Cut the pavlova into wedges and transfer to plates. Drizzle the reserved strawberry juices around each wedge and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pavlova with fresh strawberries and almond creamcalories: