Pumpkin scone loaf is a versatile and tasty treat. Delicious as part of a meal or served on its own with a dab of butter.
The ingredient of Pumpkin scone loaf
- 300g peeled and deseeded butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 80g butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 60mls (1/4 cup) milk, at room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Extra self-raising flour
The instruction how to make Pumpkin scone loaf
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C.
- Steam the pumpkin over boiling water for 10 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Use your fingertips to rub in butter until the mixture resembles free breadcrumbs.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the steamed pumpkin. Combine the mashed pumpkin with the milk and egg.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and use a round-bladed knife to mix together using a cutting motion until the mixture begins to hold together. Bring the dough together with your hands. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 4-5 times or until just smooth.
- Shape the dough into a round 20cm in diameter and about 3cm thick. Place on a baking tray. Use a sharp knife dusted with flour to cut lcm-deep slits in the top of the loaf to divide it into 12 portions. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with a little extra flour. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Serve warm, broken into portions and accompanied by butter.
Nutritions of Pumpkin scone loafcalories: 252.623 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 372.68 milligrams sodium