Got chicken drumsticks? Enjoy this classic chicken dish served with buttered risoni or orzo pasta.
The ingredient of Judes chicken Italienne by Matt Preston
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1.5kg chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large can tomato soup
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry sherry
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, plus extra
The instruction how to make Judes chicken Italienne by Matt Preston
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Flour chicken drumsticks and fry them in a large frypan in 2 tablespoons of the oil over a high heat until golden brown, usually about 10 minutes. Place in a casserole dish and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook the onions and garlic until translucent. Add tomato soup, the rest of the oil, sherry and parsley, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the casserole dish, add chicken and then cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Serve chicken with some buttered risoni or orzo pasta.
Nutritions of Judes chicken Italienne by Matt Prestoncalories: