This is the ultimate vegetarian burger with barbecued mushrooms and onions, fresh tomatoes and spinach and a dollop of spicy tzatziki.
The ingredient of Barbecued mushroom burgers
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 flat mushrooms (see note)
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 50g baby spinach
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup tzatziki
The instruction how to make Barbecued mushroom burgers
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan on medium heat. Spray onion with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, turning frequently, or until soft and golden. Remove to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Spray mushrooms with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to high. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until just tender.
- Cook bread for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden and toasted.
- Top 4 slices of bread with spinach, tomato, mushrooms, onions and a dollop of tzatziki. Top with remaining slices of bread. Serve.
Nutritions of Barbecued mushroom burgerscalories: 253.818 calories
calories: 6.4 grams fat
calories: 1.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12.8 grams protein
calories: 5 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 409 milligrams sodium