Warm up the family with this hearty Tuscan white bean casserole.
The ingredient of Tuscan white bean casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 200g portabella mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 cup (70g) multigrain sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch kale, stems trimmed, coarsely shredded
- Rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Tuscan white bean casserole
- Preheat oven to 160C. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large casserole pan over medium heat. Add the onion, leek and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the mushroom and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until mushroom is tender. Add the tomato, vegetable stock, beans, oregano and thyme. Bring to a simmer.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs with remaining oil. Add the kale to the casserole and stir to combine. Sprinkle the casserole with the breadcrumb mixture. Increase heat to 200C. Bake for a further 10 mins or until kale wilts and breadcrumbs are lightly golden. Serve with rocket leaves.
Nutritions of Tuscan white bean casserolecalories: 260.51 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams protein