"Its the best of both worlds - soupy ramen flavours, all packaged up in the convenience of a burger" - Matt Preston
The ingredient of Ramen burgers
- 4 x 100g pkts Nissin Ramen Noodle
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 300g beef mince
- 200g piece Kaiserfleisch (smoked pork), very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mirin seasoning
- 3 teaspoons white miso
- 85g (1/3 cup) Kewpie Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 small daikon radish, peeled, cut into batons
- 1 small carrot, peeled, cut into batons
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
The instruction how to make Ramen burgers
- Grease eight 9.5cm (base measurement) round ramekins or ovenproof dishes with oil.
- Discard noodle seasoning. Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Divide among ramekins. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Place cans in dishes to press down. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for the pickled vegies, toss the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Place soy in a bowl. Combine mince, pork, mirin and miso in a large bowl. Roll into 4 balls. Dip in soy. Flatten into patties. Place on a plate. Combine mayo and wasabi in a bowl. Combine shallot and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Heat 3 tbs vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Use a flatbladed knife to loosen the noodles. Invert dish into pan to release buns. Cook, in batches, for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook patties for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over mediumhigh heat. Add the eggs. Cook for 2 minutes for soft yolks or cooked to your liking.
- Top half the buns with wasabi mayo, pickled vegies, patties, eggs and shallot mixture. Top with remaining buns.
Nutritions of Ramen burgerscalories: