This recipe was tested in the agt kitchen. You can replace the sage with fresh basil when its in season.
The ingredient of Olive bread rolls
- 450g (3 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 7g dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely shredded Parmesan
- 40g (about 8) black olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 300mls lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Melted butter, for greasing
- Water, for brushing
The instruction how to make Olive bread rolls
- Combine the flour, yeast, salt, Parmesan, olives, garlic and sage in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Make a well in the centre and add the water and olive oil. Use a wooden spoon and then your hands to bring the mixture together to a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead firmly for about 10-15 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and stand in a warm, draught-free place for 45-50 minutes, or until the dough has risen and doubled in size.
- Brush a baking tray with the melted butter, to lightly grease.
- Use your fist to punch the dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a rectangle about 1.5cm thick. Cut the dough into 8 equal portions. Brush each portion lightly with water. Place onto the greased tray and leave in a warm, draught- free place for 45 minutes, or until the dough portions double in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220u00b0C.
- Bake the rolls in preheated oven for 18 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through, and the base sounds hollow when tapped. Serve warm at room temperature.
Nutritions of Olive bread rollscalories: 230.874 calories
calories: 3 grams fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 393.82 milligrams sodium