Take homemade pizza to the next level with this delicious combination of fennel, olives and anchovies.
The ingredient of Fennel, olive and parmesan pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 baby (about 400g) fennel bulbs, green sprigs reserved, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive oil, to grease
- Plain flour, to dust
- 1 x quantity basic pizza dough (see related recipe)
- 1 x 140g tub pizza sauce
- 80g pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthways
- 12 anchovy fillets, drained on paper towel, halved lengthways
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 50g shaved parmesan
The instruction how to make Fennel, olive and parmesan pizza
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the fennel, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 8 minutes or until the fennel and onion soften. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Brush two 27.5cm-diameter pizza trays with oil to lightly grease. Sprinkle with flour to lightly dust. Divide the pizza dough into 2 equal portions. Cover 1 portion with plastic wrap and set aside. Roll out the other portion on a lightly floured surface until large enough to line one of the prepared pizza trays. Lift onto the tray and use your hands to gently ease the dough out to the edge, allowing it to come up the side to form a thicker rim. Prick the dough all over with a fork, avoiding the edge. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the bases, leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Top each base with fennel mixture, olives and anchovy. Sprinkle over the oregano. Cover and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 20 minutes or until the rim rises.
- Brush rims of the pizzas with water. Bake in preheated oven, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 20 minutes or until the bases shrink away from the sides of the trays. Top with shaved parmesan and fennel sprigs and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Fennel, olive and parmesan pizzacalories: 628.092 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 79 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 19 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1867.67 milligrams sodium