A rich and warming winter pudding, perfect served with a dollop of ice-cream on a cool evening.
The ingredient of Choc-cherry self-saucing pudding
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 20g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 410g can pitted black cherries, drained, halved
- 1 cup boiling water
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Choc-cherry self-saucing pudding
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Lightly grease four 1 cup-capacity baking dishes. Place on a baking tray.
- Place flour, coconut, 1/3 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa in a bowl. Whisk milk, butter, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Stir to combine. Fold through cherries. Divide between prepared dishes.
- Sift remaining sugar and cocoa together in a bowl. Sprinkle over dishes. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover 1 pudding. Repeat with remaining boiling water and puddings.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pudding springs back when pressed gently in centre. Remove from oven. Cool for 5 minutes. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice-cream.
Nutritions of Choc-cherry self-saucing puddingcalories: 298.272 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 68 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 164.26 milligrams sodium