The three-in-one flavour bomb of Neapolitan ice-cream in a neat little cupcake. Theyre perfect for kids parties or a weekend baking treat.
The ingredient of Neapolitan cupcakes recipe
- 180g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 340g (2 1/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 250ml (1 cup) milk, plus 1 1/2 tbs milk, extra
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
- Chocolate sprinkles, to serve
- Vanilla wafers, to serve
- Glaceu0301 cherries or maraschino cherries, to decorate
- 300g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 450g (3 cups) icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons strawberries and cream flavouring
- A few drops of pink food colouring
The instruction how to make Neapolitan cupcakes recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a 12-hole (80ml 1/3 cup) muffin pan with paper cases.
- Use electric beaters to beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until combined.
- Fold in the flour and milk separately, in 2 batches each, until well combined. Divide mixture evenly into 2 bowls and stir cocoa and extra milk into 1 bowl. Spoon level tablespoons of chocolate mixture into prepared papers and smooth, then top with a level tablespoon of vanilla mixture. Smooth tops.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Remove paper cases carefully.
- To make the icing, use electric beaters to beat the butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until the mixture is very pale. Gradually add milk and flavouring, and beat until well combined. Add pink food colouring and beat to combine.
- Spoon icing into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle and pipe swirls on cakes. Decorate tops with chocolate sprinkles, wafers and a glaceu0301 cherry.
Nutritions of Neapolitan cupcakes recipecalories: