Creamy stroganoff style roast beef is served with fluffy mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.
The ingredient of Stroganoff roast beef
- 800g piece scotch fillet, topside or eye fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Massel beef stock
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Stroganoff roast beef
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Brush beef with oil. Rub paprika and salt and pepper all over surface of beef. Place in a large roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and stock in a bowl. Add mushroom, onion and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Remove beef from oven. Pour over mushroom mixture. Roast beef for a further 20 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer beef to a plate. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add sour cream to mushrooms in pan. Stir until well combined.
- Thinly slice beef across the grain and place onto plates. Spoon over mushroom sauce and serve with mashed potato and steamed green beans.
Nutritions of Stroganoff roast beefcalories: 631.677 calories
calories: 47 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 48 grams protein
calories: 332.73 milligrams sodium