If your kids love spaghetti and meatballs, watch their eyes light up when you serve this at their next birthday party. Start this recipe a day ahead.
The ingredient of Spaghetti and meatballs ice-cream cake
- 440g packet golden buttercake cake mix (with icing sachet)
- 1.5 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 250g punnet strawberries, hulled
- 1 litre chocolate chip ice-cream, softened
- 2 x 138g packets LCMs Split Stix Chocolatey
- 1/4 teaspoon green sprinkles
- 1/2 cup strawberry flavoured topping
- 60g white chocolate, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 450g NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Dark Choc Melts
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 180g butter, softened
- 6 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Lemon yellow gel food colouring
The instruction how to make Spaghetti and meatballs ice-cream cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 4cm-deep, 8cm x 25cm bar cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edges of pan on 2 long sides.
- Reserve icing sachet from cake mix. Prepare cake following packet directions. Pour enough batter into prepared pan to come 3/4 of the way up side of pan (discard remaining batter). Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a baking paper-lined wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make Chocolate Bowl: Grease a 2-litre (8-cup-capacity) heatproof glass bowl or pudding basin with oil. Freeze bowl for 10 minutes or until cold. Place melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted. Pour chocolate into cold bowl, swirling to completely coat, until bowl is evenly coated and chocolate stops moving. Freeze for 10 minutes or until chocolate is completely set.
- Carefully remove chocolate bowl in 1 piece (see Notes). Line the heatproof bowl or basin with plastic wrap, extending plastic 5cm above bowl. Return chocolate bowl to the lined bowl.
- Place vanilla ice-cream in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or until softened (ice-cream should not be melted).
- Meanwhile, process 1/2 the strawberries until smooth. Strain puree over a bowl. Coarsely chop remaining strawberries. Add strawberry puree and chopped strawberries to ice-cream. Fold until just combined. Spoon half the ice-cream mixture over the base of chocolate bowl, spreading to level. Return chocolate bowl and remaining strawberry ice-cream mixture to freezer. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Place chocolate chip ice-cream in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or until softened (ice-cream should not be melted). Spoon on top of strawberry ice-cream layer in chocolate bowl, spreading to level. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove remaining strawberry ice-cream mixture from freezer. Set aside for 10 minutes or until softened. Spoon on top of chocolate ice-cream layer, spreading to level. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Place 2 LCMs bars on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 10 seconds or until just softened. Shape into balls to resemble meatballs. Repeat with remaining LCMs bars.
- Make Cream Cheese Icing: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add reserved icing sachet and icing sugar, beating until well combined. Add milk. Beat until smooth. Transfer 3/4 cup icing to a small bowl. Using food colouring, tint icing pale yellow.
- Cut slices, at 2cm intervals, into the top of the bar cake being careful not to cut the whole way through. Spoon yellow icing into each cut, spreading gently, to resemble butter. Top with sprinkles.
- Remove plastic wrap from top of ice-cream cake. Place a plate over the top of cake. Invert cake onto plate and carefully remove glass bowl. Discard plastic wrap. Place a little remaining icing onto the centre of cake board or plate. Carefully turn cake, top-side up, onto centre of board.
- Place remaining icing into a large piping bag fitted with a 7mm round nozzle. Working quickly, pipe icing over top of cake to resemble spaghetti. Arrange meatballs on spaghetti. Pipe extra strands of spaghetti over some of the meatballs. Drizzle with strawberry topping to resemble pasta sauce. Sprinkle a little grated chocolate for parmesan. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
- Serve with garlic bread and remaining grated chocolate (see Notes).
Nutritions of Spaghetti and meatballs ice-cream cakecalories: