Bite-sized sausage rolls with the hearty flavour of a classic beef pie - great for kids and adults alike.
The ingredient of Meat pie sausage rolls recipe
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 29g packet brown onion and garlic gravy
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed, halved
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Tomato sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Meat pie sausage rolls recipe
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned and softened. Set aside to cool.
- Place mince, gravy mix, sauces, parsley, breadcrumbs and onion in a large bowl. Using hands, mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place 1/4 of the filling along 1 long side of 1 pastry half. Roll up pastry to enclose filling. Cut into 4 pieces. Place, seam-side down, on prepared trays. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Serve with tomato sauce.
Nutritions of Meat pie sausage rolls recipecalories: 171.602 calories
calories: 9.8 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 12.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.3 grams protein
calories: 44 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 196 milligrams sodium