Try our foolproof mashed potato recipe, the perfect side dish to any main this winter!
The ingredient of Mashed potato
- 700g evenly-sized medium unpeeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 100ml milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Mashed potato
- Wash the potatoes to remove any excess dirt (being careful not to break the skin). Place the whole potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add the salt. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Remove the lid and reduce heat to medium-high. Boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft when tested with a skewer. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes to a colander. Set the potatoes aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Drain the water from the pan.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, use a small sharp knife to peel and discard the skins. Return the potatoes to the dry saucepan. Shake the saucepan over low heat for 1-2 minutes to remove any remaining moisture from the potatoes.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add the butter and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring, for 4 minutes or until milk is hot (being careful not to boil).
- Gradually add the hot milk to the potatoes and continue to mash until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Mashed potatocalories: 308.31 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 455.63 milligrams sodium