This simple salad is a tasty combination of sweet onions, crunchy capsicum and creamy feta cheese.
The ingredient of Caramelised onion salad
- 40g butter
- 2 large brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 120g baby spinach
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Caramelised onion salad
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over low heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add sugar and half the vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thick and caramelised. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add asparagus to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Place spinach, capsicum, asparagus, oil and remaining vinegar in a bowl. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Top with onion mixture and feta. Serve.
Nutritions of Caramelised onion saladcalories: 265.768 calories
calories: 13.3 grams fat
calories: 6.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 27.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.5 grams protein
calories: 29 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 408 milligrams sodium