This delicious salmon coulibiac makes for an easy and healthy mid-week family meal. Leftovers: Use the puff pastry to make pies and pasties. Use the capers to add flavour to tuna meats.
The ingredient of Salmon coulibiac
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large (about 250g each) salmon fillets, skin removed, halved crossways
- 4 sheets (24 x 24cm) reduced-fat puff pastry, just thawed
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced crossways
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Salmon coulibiac
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with warm water. Bring to the boil over medium heat and cook for 4 minutes. Drain. Place eggs in a large heatproof bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Drain. Peel eggs and coarsely chop. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the salmon and cook for 1 minute each side or until just brown. Remove from heat.
- Cut a 15 x 24cm rectangle from each pastry sheet. Refreeze excess pastry. Place a piece of salmon in the centre of each pastry rectangle. Combine the green shallot, capers and dill in a small bowl. Sprinkle the salmon evenly with the shallot mixture and top with egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring edges of pastry together to enclose filling and pinch to seal. Place on a baking tray. Bake on top shelf of oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven. Divide among serving plates and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Salmon coulibiaccalories: 506.68 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 47 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36 grams protein