Keep this meal on hand for all those after school kids activites - and without creating more work in the kitchen!
The ingredient of Mexican tortilla pies
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 240g packet flour tortillas
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder (see tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon Massel beef style stock powder
- 300g can Campbells Condensed Tomato Soup
- 420g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Mexican tortilla pies
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Spray a 6-hole, 3/4-cup capacity texas muffin pan with oil. Microwave tortillas on high (100%) for 1 minute or until warm. Press 1 tortilla into each muffin hole (overlapping tortilla on 1 side to fit). Spray with oil. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add chilli powder and stock powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add soup, beans, carrot and 1/3 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- Make guacamole Combine avocado and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mince mixture into tortilla cases. Dollop with guacamole. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.
Nutritions of Mexican tortilla piescalories: 510.026 calories
calories: 26.9 grams fat
calories: 8.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 35.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28.6 grams protein
calories: 63 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 915 milligrams sodium