Valli Little has borrowed a few ingredients from the French to turn this Brit classic into a luscious dessert.
The ingredient of The ultimate bread & butter pudding
- 2 almond croissants (see note), roughly torm
- 3 pain au raisins (see note), roughly torn
- 400g brioche loaf, roughly torn
- 100g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 600ml pure (thin) cream
- 600ml milk
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make The ultimate bread & butter pudding
- Grease a 2L baking dish.
- Arrange the almond croissant pieces in the baking dish, then top with layer of pain au raisins pieces and finish with a layer of brioche.
- Whisk the butter, eggs, sugar, cream, milk, orange zest and vanilla together in a bowl until just combined. Pour over the pastries and brioche, then stand for 3-4 hours to allow the cream mixture to soak in and the flavours to develop.
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Bake the pudding for 1 hour or until just set. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Nutritions of The ultimate bread & butter puddingcalories: