Dive into this rich dark chocolate mousse with shards of crisp almond praline.
The ingredient of Chocolate mousse with praline
- 300g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Almond praline (see related recipe), to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate mousse with praline
- Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until smooth. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form. Clean bowl and beaters. Beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add sugar. Beat until just combined.
- Add egg yolks to chocolate mixture. Stir to combine. Fold in cream. Fold one-quarter of the eggwhite mixture into chocolate mixture. Gently fold in remaining eggwhite mixture. Pour mixture into six 1 cup-capacity glasses or ramekins. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Serve with cream and praline.
Nutritions of Chocolate mousse with pralinecalories: 566.908 calories
calories: 43 grams fat
calories: 26 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 219 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 90.08 milligrams sodium