If this vegetarian soup is too thick when simmering, add a little water to thin it out.
The ingredient of Moroccan carrot soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1.5 litres Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 375g packet dried red lentils, rinsed
- 1/3 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons pistachio dukkah
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, to serve
The instruction how to make Moroccan carrot soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add cumin, cinnamon and chilli flakes. Stir to combine.
- Add stock and lentils. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with yoghurt and sprinkled with dukkah and parsley.
Nutritions of Moroccan carrot soupcalories: 282.259 calories
calories: 6.7 grams fat
calories: 1.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 32.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17.3 grams protein
calories: 3 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1082 milligrams sodium