As well as having an Arnotts Caramel Crown on top, these impressive brownie muffins are hiding a secret: another whole Caramel Crown baked inside!
The ingredient of Caramel Crown muffin-pan brownies
- 150g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 300g (11/2 cups) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 85g (1/3 cup) sour cream
- 2 x 200g pkts Arnottu2019s Caramel Crowns
- Melted dark chocolate, to drizzle
- Gold and silver sprinkles, to decorate
- 300g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 380g (21/2 cups) icing sugar
- 150g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
The instruction how to make Caramel Crown muffin-pan brownies
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C/150u00b0C fan forced. Line twelve 80ml (1/3 cup) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesnu2019t touch the water. Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Sift in the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir until combined. Add the sour cream and stir until combined.
- Spoon half the brownie mixture into the prepared pans. Top each with a Caramel Crown and spoon over the remaining brownie mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until the brownies begin to crack on the surface and a skewer comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool in the pans for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the buttercream, use electric beaters to beat the butter in a bowl until it is very pale and creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating well after each addition. Beat in the chocolate until combined.
- Use a piping bag with a 1cm fluted nozzle to pipe the buttercream over the muffins. Top each muffin with a Caramel Crown. Drizzle with chocolate and decorate with sprinkles and cachous.
Nutritions of Caramel Crown muffin-pan browniescalories: