Get the kids excited about fish with this tasty salmon and silverbeet mac and cheese.
The ingredient of Salmon and silverbeet mac n cheese with lemon thyme crumb
- 1 bunch silverbeet, stems removed, leaves washed
- 500g Barilla Penne Rigate Pasta No. 73
- 410g can Tassal Roasted Salmon in Springwater, drained, flaked
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 490g jar Dolmio Three Cheese Pasta Bake Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light cream
- 1 1/2 cups (105g) sourdough breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- Green salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Salmon and silverbeet mac n cheese with lemon thyme crumb
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cook the silverbeet in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 mins or until wilted. Drain. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 mins or until al dente. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Add the salmon, spring onion, pasta sauce and cream. Gently stir to combine.
- Spoon one-third of the pasta mixture into a 10-cup (2.5L) ovenproof dish. Arrange half the silverbeet in an even layer over the pasta. Repeat with half the remaining pasta mixture and the remaining silverbeet. Spoon over remaining pasta mixture and smooth the surface.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, oil, thyme and parmesan in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over pasta mixture. Bake for 35-40 mins or until golden. Serve with green salad.
Nutritions of Salmon and silverbeet mac n cheese with lemon thyme crumbcalories: