This tropical mango and salmon salad can be enjoyed as part of the festive feast or as a light and lovely lunch on its own.
The ingredient of Mango and spiced salmon rice salad
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown rice
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 (120g each) salmon fillets
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 mangoes, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes, zested, 1 juiced
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
The instruction how to make Mango and spiced salmon rice salad
- Cook rice following packet directions or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the paprika, cumin, thyme, oregano and celery salt in a medium bowl. Season. Add the salmon and toss to coat.
- Heat a barbecue flat plate or chargrill on medium. Add the salmon and cook for 3 mins each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the black beans, spring onion, mango, avocado, coriander and mint to the rice and gently toss to combine.
- Place the lime zest, 2 tbs lime juice, oil, chilli and sugar in a screw-top jar. Shake until well combined. Drizzle over the rice salad. Coarsely flake the salmon and add to the rice salad. Gently toss to combine. Divide among serving dishes.
Nutritions of Mango and spiced salmon rice saladcalories: