Different varieties of mushrooms star in this healthy rice salad.
The ingredient of Brown rice and mushroom salad
- 400g (2 cups) long-grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 150g oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 200g stuffed green olives, halved lengthways
- 6 green shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 80g (1/2 cup) salad sprinkles
The instruction how to make Brown rice and mushroom salad
- Cook the rice following the absorption method on the packet. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large strainer and refresh under cold running water. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add all the mushrooms and cook, tossing often, for 6 minutes or until tender. Add the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. Set aside for 15 minutes or until cooled to room temperature.
- Place the rice, mushrooms and any pan juices, olives, green shallots and tarragon in a large serving bowl and stir gently to combine.
- To serve, stir salad sprinkles into salad. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritions of Brown rice and mushroom saladcalories: 187.615 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 12 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 305.5 milligrams sodium